Sunday 4 November 2012

At long last - my first market stall


My apologies for being away from my blog for such a long time. I do have a good excuse though; I have booked my first market stall. Therefore I have been beavering away with my items, putting the finishing touches to them.

My head is bursting with new ideas too but there just aren’t enough hours in the day for me to get them all done. Scoil Mobhi, (beside Na Fianna GAA Club) Mobhi Road, are holding a Christmas Fair (Margadh na Nollag) on Saturday 24th November from 11am to 4pm. It's the school's 40th anniversary and the fair is shaping up to be a grand affair. This is the destination for my first ever stall. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I hope to have another stall on 15/16 December, but more about that in a later post.

Scoil Mobhi have a designated craft room at the fair which is where I'll be on the day. There should be plenty of opportunities to pick up some Christmas presents, I hope to have a helper on the stall with me so I get a chance to buy some presents of my own.

My daughter Emily who has supported me in this venture in many ways had promised to be one of my helpers on the day but unfortunately she must desert me. Emily is due to have an operation and guess what? The date is set for the Monday before the fair. She will be in her sick bed or on the couch on the day. I am sure I can turn this to my advantage though, while I sit by her bed side and nurse her back to health she will have to listen to the clacking of knitting needles. 

I can’t believe there are only 7 weeks to Christmas, can you?. With me spending all my spare time doing what I love best there is nothing done for Christmas in my house.




I have included some pictures of the items I am bringing to the market with me. Hand knitted fingerless mittens and scarves, crochet brooches, headbands and my Christmas cards. I also have a nice idea for a present for teachers which children could also give to Mums, Nana's or favourite Aunties.





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More